Research Proposals for 2024 funding are now open.
Final date for submissions is 16 August 2023.
Should you require more information or assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Funding Topics for 2024 are:
- Human Issues and Skills
- Coal Access, Mineability & Quality
- Environmental, Legacy and Social Issues
- Active and Passive Water Treatment, Brine Treatment
- Soil Rehabilitation
- Mine Closure and Post-Closure Land Use
- Water Security, Both Potable and Stormwater
- Waste (Coal Discard and other) Re-use and Repurposing
- Air Quality
- Process Efficiency
- Wase and Discard Utilisation
- Coal Fines
- Alternative Uses of Coal
- Closure Issues
When you can expect feedback:
- After the closure dates, submissions will be reviewed.
- Once submissions have been reviewed, the 3 steering committees will recommend projects for approval.
- Recommended projects are presented to the Coaltech Board for a final decision, which usually takes place around the end of November or early December.
- Once approval has been given by the board, notices of approval will be sent out to each project, ahead of the new financial year
- Research can begin in the new financial year once funds have been allocated to the project.