Research Proposals for 2023 funding are now open.
Final date for submissions is 4 September 2022.
The Research Topics for 2023 are:
- Human Issues and Skills
- Coal Access, Mineability & Quality
- Alternative Mining Layouts
- Environmental, Legacy and Social Issues
- Active and Passive Water Treatment, Brine Treatment
- Soil Rehabilitation
- Mine Closure and Post-Closure Land Use
- Water Security, Both Potable and Stormwater
- Waste (Coal Discard and other) Re-use and Repurposing
- Air Quality
- Process Efficiency
- Wase and Discard Utilisation
- Alternative Uses of Coal
- Closure Issues
Once submissions have been reviewed, the steering committees will recommend projects for approval. Following review by the Coaltech Board, a final decision will be made around the end of November. Following this process, notices of approval will be sent out ahead of the new financial year for research to begin.